Thursday, August 12, 2010

What Would You Do Without Unlimited Texting????

You may not have asked yourself this question, so I feel it is my duty to pose the question for you, complete with an answer.
You would have to pay for every idiot who sends you texts that says  "Hey."
That's right, you would have to pay for every single text message sent from that person with nothing better to do than open his/her phonebook on their phone, scroll down it and personally choose you to annoy. I don't know what is worse, being picked out specifically or being a part of a mass text. For those who use the mass text method, I would like to suggest a lonely chat room or craigslist.
The beauty of text messaging is that it is simple, concise and to the point. The point, my friends, is to get to the point. What does "Hey." even mean? How do you expect me to respond to this? I mean did you need anything? A cup of sugar perhaps?
While we are on the subject of proper text messaging etiquette, lets mention the proverbial "K." When did abbreviations become so annoying? How did we ever get to this point? Human beings as creatures have spent years perfecting language and proper grammer only to be murdered by others who think misspelling or abbreviating everything is adorable. What about the children? They think that the plural spelling for the word "brat" is "bratz." Then, we wonder why SAT English scores are so low.
Now, lets discuss dating and texting. It has taken away the butterflies in the stomach of young girls waiting for the phone call 3 days after the first date or after the phone number exchange. Now, guys  think it is appropriate to creepily text a girl "I had a nice time tonight." It ruins the dynamics! Now, the male mind thinks he has outsmarted the girl by throwing the pressure off him and now the ball is in the girls court. Perfect example of creepy, inappropriate texting would be a few years ago, a guy texts me "I like your shirt." I had no idea this guy was even in the city, let alone down at the other end of the bar, waiting for me to look his way. Why did he not just walk over to share this opinion? Creepsauce.
In short, the only purpose of texting should be a posed question of mild to medium importance not only to the person getting the message but the one sending it. It is not for a tool to be creepy, to waste money or time, or to be a contributing factor of reverse spelling education.

No comments:

Post a Comment